A survey by American Express found 93 percent of consumers believe shopping at small businesses is important, and they’re putting their money where their mouths are by spending about a third of their discretionary income at local small businesses. Here are a few reasons you should join them by participating in Small Business Saturday this year.
- Get free money. For Amex cardholders, shopping local on Nov. 26 can net a $25 credit on a $25 purchase. Check out the Small Business Saturday Facebook page for details on how and where. (FedEx partnered with American Express to offer 40,000 $25 Amex gift cards to non-Amex customers too, but they ran out in about an hour.)
- Find something different. They often have unique items or services you won’t find in the mass retailers. These can make great gifts.
- Preserve unique places to eat, drink, and shop. That uniqueness can also help create a community character and a sense of place. Think of the reasons you like to travel – it’s probably not because the destinations have another McDonald’s or Walmart. Shopping at these stores helps keep them alive, and encourages new ones.
- Make friends. The service is often much better. More than 20 percent of consumers in the American Express survey listed being greeted by name and getting personal recommendations as the primary reason for shopping small. Local businesses depend on maintaining relationships, unlike the giants who sometimes seem too successful to care.
- Improve the community. Small businesses support the local area with their taxes, by creating jobs, and often by buying from and working with other local companies. Many also support local nonprofits and community groups.
Welcome to the Thorndale Area Chamber of Commerce website!
16th Annual Louis Run
HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR A LATER DATE
Due to numerous logistical and health issues, the 16th Annual Louis Run has been postponed. We are working to set a new date and will notify everyone as soon as the date is confirmed. Check the website or follows us on FaceBook or Twitter for updates.
On A DATE THAT IS YET TO BE DETERMINED, downtown Thorndale Texas will be alive with V-Twins and American Iron as the Thorndale Area Chamber of Commerce presents The 16th Annual "Louis Run" beginning at 9:00am. The event features a poker style bike run beginning and ending at Steve's Place in Thorndale. Entry fee for bikes is $25 each. Register in advance or beginning at 9:00am that morning. Vendor spots are available. Bikes out at 11:15am(ish) and return at 3:30pm(ish). There will be live music when the run ends. Salty Street will be closed down for the event. No cover, and BYOB or get it at Steve's Place. So bring your lawn chair and cooler.
The route for the 16th Annual Louis Run will start at Steve's Place, then head to
TO BE DETERMINED,
and finally back to Steve's Place in Thorndale.
For more information go to WWW.THORNDALETX.COM or contact Brian Morton, 512-658-5378, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Involved... Get Results!
The Thorndale Area Chamber of Commerce, located in downtown Thorndale, TX is dedicated to promoting growth and economic development, advocating for sound public policy, and serving our members with outstanding programs and benefits in and around the Thorndale area.
We know that growing your business isn't easy. That's why we're here. Our single-minded goal is to help your business grow and prosper. By promoting a strong local economy, advancing the interests of the business community and serving our members, we can make our community an even better place to live, work and play. If your organization isn't currently a Chamber member we invite you to join now.
Our Website is now online! We invite you to explore this new tool to our Thorndale Area Chamber of Commerce. Check out our Chamber Members pages, Events Calendar and Photos of recent events. While you're here, take note of things you like or dislike and let us know what you think by sending us a message through our 'Contact Us' page.
GIVE US A LINK!
You can help us promote our new website (and your business) by giving us a link from your website. Show your chamber pride by adding the following text to the main page of your website.
We appreciate your continued support!