We need your HELP! We will meet to check and replace light bulbs and etc, in the mornings on Mondays and Wednesdays starting on September 6th. You are welcome to come help with this short term project and join in the fun. Our initial committee meeting will be on Wednesday, September 8th in the Chamber building at 6:00pm. Please attend if you would like to help with this event!
This year again with everyone being Covid-19 aware we will not be gathering as a community for a lighting event. We are welcoming folks that have brought displays in the past to bring them and put them up ready to share the Christmas message. Please have your display in place on the lot by November 14th. All displays will be turned on by the Sunday before Thanksgiving, November 21st
The use of the lot has been donated again this year by Dorothy Hendricks family. We thank her son, Dorvin Handrick for the opportunity to continue the use of this really great place to decorate.
If you would like to donate towards this project please send donations to the Thorndale Area Chamber of Commerce. All donations are greatly appreciated.
We also appreciate the use of the Lot downtown Thorndale for the Large Christmas Tree to be displayed. Our thanks go out to Stephen Niemtschk for the permission to use this lot.
We will work on lighting and arranging the trees and displays in the lots on designated days in October & November, so be watching the Champion for time and dates. If you have any questions please call Marilyn Johnson @ 862-4419 or 512-760-7606.
- Get free money. For Amex cardholders, shopping local on Nov. 26 can net a $25 credit on a $25 purchase. Check out the Small Business Saturday Facebook page for details on how and where. (FedEx partnered with American Express to offer 40,000 $25 Amex gift cards to non-Amex customers too, but they ran out in about an hour.)
- Find something different. They often have unique items or services you won’t find in the mass retailers. These can make great gifts.
- Preserve unique places to eat, drink, and shop. That uniqueness can also help create a community character and a sense of place. Think of the reasons you like to travel – it’s probably not because the destinations have another McDonald’s or Walmart. Shopping at these stores helps keep them alive, and encourages new ones.
- Make friends. The service is often much better. More than 20 percent of consumers in the American Express survey listed being greeted by name and getting personal recommendations as the primary reason for shopping small. Local businesses depend on maintaining relationships, unlike the giants who sometimes seem too successful to care.
- Improve the community. Small businesses support the local area with their taxes, by creating jobs, and often by buying from and working with other local companies. Many also support local nonprofits
The Thorndale Area Chamber of Commerce, located in downtown Thorndale, TX is dedicated to promoting growth and economic development, advocating for sound public policy, and serving our members with outstanding programs and benefits in and around the Thorndale area.
We know that growing your business isn't easy. That's why we're here. Our single-minded goal is to help your business grow and prosper. By promoting a strong local economy, advancing the interests of the business community and serving our members, we can make our community an even better place to live, work and play. If your organization isn't currently a Chamber member we invite you to join now.
Our Website is now online! We invite you to explore this new tool to our Thorndale Area Chamber of Commerce. Check out our Chamber Members pages, Events Calendar and Photos of recent events. While you're here, take note of things you like or dislike and let us know what you think by sending us a message through our 'Contact Us' page.
GIVE US A LINK!
You can help us promote our new website (and your business) by giving us a link from your website. Show your chamber pride by adding the following text to the main page of your website.
We appreciate your continued support!